Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Kanin Woods
















When plans for shoots with models at the weekend get cancelled - go out and take photos anyway. Currently feeling so grateful for where I'm living, I am surrounded by nature. Just a few short minutes walk past some village houses of Kanin, sheep and pigs in the surrounding fields, the entrance to the forest begins. I started the day late, but it meant I got to walk through the trees in the late afternoon sun, discovering the perfect light spots. Starting my journey listening to music as I walked through the woods, I snapped some shots with my disposable camera, but hearing the birds beyond my headphones and the crunch of leaves and broken branches beneath my feet, I realised the sound of nature is far more comforting. I become such a forager in the outdoors - searching for unusual ways the light falls, looking for pretty foliage, scavenging for skulls (without success) and other signs of the natural world. I am obsessed with intricacy and delicacy.

Coming back home and editing the images, I am finding that productivity is so mentally satisfying. My day consisted of going on this walk, taking these photos that I am proud of, writing this blog post, working on multiple drawings, writing lyrics.. It's all so inspiration stimulating for every craft. Although all my plans for the past few days got cancelled, I feel so accomplished. I am keeping myself motivated and enjoying my own company and it is so refreshing and fulfilling. My aim now is just to keep going, to keep creating every day, to keep feeling content at the end of each evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment