Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Klaistow














On Sunday, I ventured out to see the Flohmarkt (flea market) that took place by the Klaistow Spargelhof (asparagus farm). Unfortunately, just as I set off on foot through the paths between the fields, spots of rain started to fall down, so most of the market was being packed up by the time I got there. For me this was just an excuse to do some quiet exploring in the light rain. The forest starts next to where the flea market was taking place, and just before there were pens of chickens, rabbits and goats. Whenever I see animals I get stupidly excited so I went in and gave them all so many strokes and let them be my models. Through the entrance to the woods is a climbing adventure area called Kletterwald (climbing forest), and around there were wild pigs and their piglets, which are the cutest little creatures I've ever seen, they look like piglet versions of fawns. I wish I could have gotten closer to get a good picture. I then followed a track that had directions pointing to deer, and I climbed up a wooden look out hut, but I couldn't see any signs of wildlife. I brought with me a glass prism that came in the post that morning to experiment with light bending; I'm excited to try it out with models! As I couldn't find any more animals to photograph, I decided to try out doing some of myself. Luckily the woods are so vast no one was around to see me awkwardly trying to take selfies.. But I think the outcome was kind of okay. On Saturday, I modelled for the first time, so I've been thinking it would be good to try and practice doing self portraits in case any other opportunities like that arise, and also to help when I'm posing models for my shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment